Thursday, March 18, 2010

DAY 2: Lost down river, without a paddle

I found my contact...

It was a few moments before I could leave my room; some of an opposing faction had taken shelter in the hotel, and were taking potshots from the windows.  When the hallway shooting ceased, I hoped for the best and peaked out.  Indeed, those who took cover inside the hotel were dead... civilian and soldier alike.  

My contact was just a few feet from my door, shot in the head.  His stuff had been rummaged through, but nothing was taken (I'm not sure if he had any money or electronics on him).  His bag contained everything I needed; maps, passports, names and so on.  I took his bag and made a break for the front door.  No sooner had the light graced my eyes was I under fire.  Both sides were shooting violently, and each were pushing forward.  I went back to the hotel, up to the second floor to find an alternative route out.  There was a back-exit, so to speak, in the form of a window leading to the back of the hotel.  Not far from this window, were the remains of an APR thug (the symbol on his shirt was spray-painted and stained with dirt).  He didn't have any lasting equipment on him, but it would be enough to last.

There was a small sedan not far from the hotel, it's owner just a few feet from it.  No sooner had I started the car, did the windshield become victim to a hail of bullets.  There was no point in looking where I was driving, so stepping on the gas pedal and hoping for the best was my only option.  When the bullets stopped hitting the car, I found myself lost in the jungle with a smoking car and no idea where I was.

Down the creek without a paddle? That's the expression, right?


Were it not for the fact I have a GPS, I'd most likely be fucked.  Turns out I was not too far from a place called "Mike's Bar".  I've heard of this place; mainly a hangout for private contractors to get their shit together.  For now, this seems like the best place to get started -- maybe this clusterfuck can be salvaged afterall.

I tried calling the number I was given in case of emergency.  No service.

I'm on my own out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment